Fostering long-term relationships to create replicable models of sustainable development. Through these relationships, Andean communities drive their own development and students engage in a deep learning experience. This process is driven by local strengths and innovative academic methods.Learn More
• Andean communities are a treasure chest of local knowledge and sustainable methods and livelihoods.
• Effective processes of social change are community driven and progress at a natural pace
• Community projects are designed and implemented under local leadership
• Long term relationships allow for critical evaluation and learning to drive the evolution of our development philosophy
• Student research is used to improve the way we work with communities and support their development process
• Students think critically about their role and the role of NGOs in development, prompting them to become more responsible global citizens