AASD is ready and excited to host student groups and we are following international COVID-19 guidelines of international education and we have incorporated them into our program design.
Our students safety is our first priority. We follow procedures that support a healthy, safe, and secure environment for participants. We are providing participants with up-to-date health, safety, and security information so that each participant can make informed decisions about their participation in our programs. There will be pre-departure and onsite orientations to participants with specific relevant information related to COVID-19 when they join our programs.
Our Experiential Learning Vision
The vision of the AASD experiential learning programs is that they are mutually beneficial for campesino (farmer) communities, participants, and the AASD.
Our Experiential Learning Values
- Campesino communities share traditional knowledge and wisdom.
- Participants bring unique skill sets and perspectives.
- The AASD extends professional insight, educational background and cultural context.
- Campesino communities identify projects, topics, and community representatives.
- Participants contribute to projects and research that are related to their skills and/or coursework.
- The AASD matches specific programs to the appropriate community-led projects and topics.
- Campesino communities receive tangible benefits from participation.
- Participants are provided tools and framework for applied learning and personal growth.
- The AASD grows and improves as an organization because of the communities and participants.
- Campesino communities are open to partnering with the AASD to address local challenges.
- Participants recognize their own limitations and show respect for the knowledge and skills of others, regardless of background.
- The AASD is open to constructive criticism and embracing learning opportunities.
- Campesino communities reflect with participants, and provide AASD with insight on impact and experience.
- Participants are guided in critical reflection on all aspects of their AASD program experience.
- The AASD actively reflects on its own processes and programs, and incorporates participants and communities’ feedback.